GreenICT - links sustainability
The GreenICT foundation recognizes the importance of information. Below one can find some sources of information regarding ICT related sustainability:
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Environmental Outlook to 2030 (summary in English).
This publication of the OESD provides analyses of economic and environmental trends to 2030, and simulations of policy actions to address the key challenges. Without new policies, we risk irreversibly damaging the environment and the natural resource base needed to support economic growth and well-being. The costs of policy inaction are high.
Cursor,TU/E information and newsmagazine, week 3, 2008. Positive CO2 news does also exist!
- CO2 replaces toxic organic solvent. The manufacturing of chemical products such as paint and glue often needs environmentally damaging and inflammable organic solvents. Dr. Ir Ard Koeken shows with his Ph.D. research that these substances can be replaced by CO2. (in Dutch)
UNU StEP-Initiative (Solving the E-waste Problem)
- Call for improved collection, recycling of electronic waste. There is plenty of room for improvement in the salvage and recycling of household appliances in Europe, according to this UNU-led study for the European Commission.
VPRO's Tegenlicht 26 November 2007
Waste is food (). A revolution in the Netherlands (in Dutch).
Urgenda 2050 foundation
- The Urgenda: a Dutch Garden of Sustainability Experiments. To transform the Netherlands into an experimental garden for sustainable development.
- dossier Green IT (in Dutch).
DHO - Duurzaam Hoger Onderwijs
- Informatica en Duurzame Ontwikkeling. Contributions of ICT to a sustainable development; a reconnaissance (in Dutch).
Nederland innovatief 2006 - Nominatie ID-NL jaarprijs
- Sustainable ICT Cooling (in Dutch).